|The Omaha Community Playhouse's 2012 Window Display: A Christmas Carol.|
This year's 21 Miracle on Farnam participants are listed below:
- The Knights of Ak-Sar-Ben Foundation: The Knights of Ak-Sar-Ben Foundation Celebrates 118 Years in the Heartland
- Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts: 28 Years in the Implicate Order by Pascual Sisto
- Fontenelle Forest: Making Mystery Tracks in the Snow
- Love’s Jazz & Arts Center: The Gift
- The Omaha Community Playhouse: Page to Stage
- Joslyn Castle Trust: Joslyn Castle Holiday Greetings- Joslyn Art Museum: Mini Masterpieces with Joslyn Art Museum
- The University of Nebraska at Omaha: Winter Campus Art Showcase
- Omaha Symphony Guild: A Tribute to Christmas Spectaculars’ Past and Present
- The Kent Bellows Studio & Center for Visual Arts: Concentricity
- Strategic Air & Space Museum: From Our Space to Your Space, Happy Holidays!
- Lauritzen Gardens: A Victorian Holiday-
- The Durham Museum: “It’s Beginning to Taste a lot like Christmas”- The Making of an Omaha Tradition
- Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium: A Chilly and Cheery Christmas (The spirit and traditions of a penguin’s Holiday Season)
- Nebraska Shakespeare: The Twelve Months of Shakespeare, The Gift That Keeps Giving - All Year Round
- El Museo Latino | The Latino Museum: The Piñata – A Holiday Tradition- Omaha Performing Arts: Deck the Halls
- The Rose Theater: Narnia – What lies beyond the wardrobe doors?
- Omaha Children's Museum: Up on the Housetop
- Opera Omaha: Miracles, Magic and Music- Brandeis: Brandeis Window Display Celebrates Old, New Holiday Traditions
For more details on each window display, visit http://www.miracleonfarnam.com. To see the windows in their entirety you have to stop by in-person. After stopping by, make sure to vote for your favorite! The winning nonprofit earns a $3,000 donation from the Baer Foundation. The Baer Foundation is a philanthropic endeavor that supports various charities, including Nebraska arts and educational agencies. You can vote online at http://www.miracleonfarnam.com/vote/.
Midtown Crossing welcomes everyone to re-visit Christmas past; bring that special someone or whole family to experience 21 window displays from local nonprofits until January 1st. Happy Holidays!
-population-we™ blog post by Becky Bohan Brown
© 2013 population-we, LLC
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to leave a comment, 'Pin' or 'Like' it.